Hi, it’s Brad from Element Plumbing & Gas here. Do you feel that your laundry is looking tired? Is the tap ware faulty or maybe even leaking? Are your splashback tiles broken? Maybe the decor theme looks like it came from the 1970s? If so, Element Plumbing & Gas are happy to assist you with a renovation. We’ve done many laundry renovations Perth homeowners are happy with.
Laundry renovations Perth
We can help you plan and design your brand new laundry, then perform all renovation work, including the installation of all plumbing. We can perform fixture replacement such as trough installation. Where needed, we can perform tap replacement and brand new tap installation. An affordable way to give your laundry a quick aesthetic upgrade is to have a new counter top, under-mounted laundry trough and tap ware installed.
If you feel it’s time for a complete laundry remodelling, below are some items you should consider in order to make sure you get the job done right, the first time:
Planning laundry renovations Perth
- You’ll want to make sure your laundry is close to your washing line. If your clothesline is situated in your garage or your home is quintessentially Aussie with a Hills Hoist out in the yard, quick access is important. You don’t want a long walk with a heavy washing basket full of wet clothes weighing you down.
- What type of dryer do you have? If you own a vented dryer, it’s probably best that you keep it in the garage. Ventilation is key when it comes to a vented dryer; tight and enclosed spaces like a laundry can become particularly humid and the moisture in the air can potentially cause damage to your laundry. If you have a condenser or heat pump dryer, you’ll need to make sure you plan for a recess to house your dryer. Furthermore, condenser dryers are too heavy to be wall-mounted, but can be easily stacked on top of a washing machine. Keep ventilation and housing for your dryer at the top of your mind when planning your laundry renovation.
- Storage is key. As the saying goes, you can never have enough storage space in a home. Be sure to think about how you can best utilise your laundry space for maximising storage space. You’ll also want cabinets high up to keep harmful cleaning chemicals out of the reach of children.
- A new bench top can provide you with adequate space to stash your dry clothes when you’re in a rush and cannot fold it. Speaking of which, having plenty of bench top space will provide you with an area to fold your clothes and even hand wash more delicate clothing. Bench top space is also helpful in providing you an area for a nappy change table, or an area where you can clean dirtier items such as heavily soiled clothes.
- When you’re hand washing clothes, a splashback is super important. You can opt to have your splashback tiled, and there are many different patterned tiles if you want something more avant garde that refelects your taste. You may want to go with some coloured perspex, or maybe even a window that lets more light into what otherwise would be a dark laundry.
Contact Us for Laundry Renovations Perth
Call us now, or fill out our contact form. We have the experience and provide a stress-free service for your peace of mind.